Did Obama Mock the Bible?

Watch this YouTube clip & decide for yourself.
http://www.onenewsnow.com/Blog/Default.aspx?id=279222

OldrWizrMom

Asked by OldrWizrMom at 8:37 AM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think that he's a joke! He's just in it to be noticed. Besides, he won't (if elected) be the first black president, he'll be the first mixed president. did he forget about the other half of himself? He's a joke! I think McCain has more knowledge, he's been around a lot longer. and yes, obama did.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Nope.
    hannah_belle

Answer by hannah_belle at 9:33 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• yes he did.because if he was a TRUE christian 1 he would fear God to do that 2 he would know that the laws do not apply to us since Jesus died for us and 3 the way he would run this country would be based of his beliefs relion beliefs may i add becaus as a christian you are to be christ like not like the world.. he is NOT a christian!
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 9:39 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• First of all this video is very slanted and biased. Secondly, the point Obama was making is that the bible has references in it (such as condoning slavery, stoning, etc.) that obviously would not be conducive with our nations public policies. And last of all, the United States is NOT a theocracy. Our nation was founded on freedoms, including religious freedom.
    Feridust

Answer by Feridust at 11:35 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I did listen to the video and wish I could have listened to the rest... the old testament stuff was definitely taken out of context and to mock the new testament words of Christ is very offensive. And I as an American Christian do read my bible in the proper context. As far as our nation... yes it was founded on freedom, but what many don't know and what has been taken out of our schools text books.. is that the majority of the founding fathers were Christians and believed the bible was the word of God.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 11:59 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• cont: They began every meeting seeking God's direction... the 10 commandments used to be in our court houses and government buildings....which have all been removed due to "separation of church and state" which is no where in the constitution. We have kicked God so far out of our government and country it scares me. And if Obama gets in to office I fear he will try to kick God completely out. Right now they still start the congressional session with prayer.
    bonn777

• I cannot judge Obama and say whether he is a Christian or not. If he says he is that's all I can go by. Only God knows his heart and the truth of his Christianity. If he gets into office... all I can do is pray for the future of this nation.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 12:01 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• The seperation of church and state, which is not in the constitution, is for the church's protection. You can't have it both ways. If you want the government to stay out of your church, you can't expect the church to stay in the government. This country was founded on religious freedom, not Christianity. I am a Christian so I can say this without bias. I don't believe Obama mocked the Bible. He was simply pointing out (as Feridust said) that not everything in the Bible still applies to us today. You should watch the whole interview not just clips. If you don't want people taking the Bible out of context, don't take him out of context. Also, McCain has a lot of unChrist-like qualities as well. What does the Bible say about: helping the poor, greed, being a good steward of money, divorce, and adultery? It is not for us to judge who is saved and who is not.
    indexmom

Answer by indexmom at 3:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• i just wonder if everyone has somany "fears" or questioning him then why do so many want to vote for him he is a joke i agree but obviously there is somethng wrong with him if so many have fears and problems beliveing him ..
    Anonymous

• i agree regardless if he is religious or not this country would be a alot of turmoil if he gets in. um hello he's a liar and blowing wind up all you who vote for him.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:53 PM on Oct. 14, 2008