Perscription gas drops that helped my one month old!

My doctor offered us a perscription gas medicine for our one month old. He was extreemly gassy and crying until his voice was horse. my heart was breaking because he was in pain. After the first does of giving him the medicine he was instantly soothed. He was no longer crying so his throat healed and now he is smilling and so am I. The medicine is called Hyoscyamine, if you have a baby that is in pain from gas then talk to the doctor and see if this is something to try when everything has failed. Message me if there are any questions or if you need to vent; this can be hard on moms to watch their baby's in pain and not be able to soothe them.

CowboyMama

Asked by CowboyMama at 8:16 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We used Simethicone and thought it was a life saver for our child. The exercises helped relieve lots of gas, too.
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 8:27 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• That is great! I wish my doctor would have put my son on that when he was an infant I stayed up night after night dealing with his colic trying everything in the book to sooth him from holding him in the football hold and patting his back all the way to using drops and laying a blanket on the dryer and putting him on the dryer while it was running it's cycle
    meliscool72

Answer by meliscool72 at 1:45 PM on Sep. 9, 2010