I'm sure it's a longshot, but is there anything you can do about unwanted door to door soliciatation?

I can't leave my door open anymore. I don't answer, they keep knocking. One guy tried to tell me he was the landlord(I have lot rent)I told him to go to hell. I have to keep my curtains closed, can't even enjoy my screen doors. Just stupid.

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 8:19 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Open the door a crack,push shotgun barrel out the crack ever....so...slowly....!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:20 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• You can get a sign from the local office store and post it on your door.
    Call the City and see what the laws are in your area.
    If someone comes ask for their license.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:21 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• put up a no soliciting sign on your door or lawn, if they show up, call the cops.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 8:21 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Be nice, kindly decline if not interested. My husband used to be a door to door salesman.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:21 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• That is crazy, I have no idea. But I hope that you get some peace. Have you tried a simple no soliciting sign and then tell that you are going to call the Cops if they do not leave you along? Is it the same people?
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:21 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Put a sign that says no socliciting
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 8:22 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Lock & load baby!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:23 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I'd say put a sign up, but that never stops the political canvassers and religion touters from knocking on my door. I guess they figure if they can spread their message to just one more person, it negates disrespecting my wishes.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:26 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• It's either these guys selling meat, or these guys that pretend to be in highschool and try to sell magazines. I have nothing wrong with sales, but when you lie and manipulate and continue to beat on my door for ten minutes I get a little pissy.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 8:26 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Put up a sign that clearly says NO SOLICITING... I have one on my door, and I even have a copy of it on my profile here if you want to see it...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:26 PM on Sep. 7, 2010