Do you see the stupidity in it all?

I am curious if anyone else looks at this whole election thing as a joke? I am quite embarrased by it all. Here's why. As far back as our country goes, we are founded on vs. Let me explain... North vs. South, Black vs. White, fat vs. skinny, my honor roll student vs. your honor roll student, or dog.. or whatever... tom vs. jerry, bloods vs. crypts, heck we even do blocks vs. blocks, Cardinals vs. Cubs, men vs. women.... Think about it. Not to mention that as a nation, we look up to Hollywood Celebrities and idolize them... why? Because they have money.... Yes, we stoop so low as to kiss people's butts just because they have money. Never mind their self worth and what they bring to the country... Anyway... I know that other countries laugh at us and think... They are going to destroy themselves, let's just sit back and watch.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I think we're screwed either way. But that's just my opinion. By the way, it's nice to see how we resort to their tactics. Aren't we better than that ladies?! Get a F------------ Grip!
    Su-Z-Q

Answer by Su-Z-Q at 12:19 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Cont... Guys, I might be crazy, but am I the only one that thinks we have cures for common colds, and cancer for that matter, but it's just too big of a money maker to cure??? Seriously.. we can get rid of small pox and not the common cold? I don't know, maybe I am getting older, but think about it.... Even on here we have arguments about religion, color, stay at home, work, spank or not to spank?? What sense does this make? Curious....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I think it's funny you say we idolize celebrities because they have money. Isn't the big scream of the liberal loons all about hating rich republicans? While they stand in the lottery ticket line?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Personally, I think that obama is a joke, because McCain has more knowledge and insight on what does matter to this country,. he's mature, obama, well, lets just say "is he for real?" I don't think he is interested in what our country needs, I think he's just in it because of being noticed. also, he won't be the first black president, he'll be the first mixed president!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• As for the original posted question: I think that all cultures and societies have a strong undercurrent of competition and yes, prejudicial thinking. We all think that our opinion is the correct one, that our faith is the true faith, that our culture is better and more civilized than any one else's. It's so obvious in Cafemom! To ask that we all act as a cohesive unit, it is scary to some people, and to be honest, it would be dull. The debating back and forth between people is what makes life interesting. I would not want to live in a society that didn't have this mix of beliefs and differences in opinions. I would absolutely LOVE it if we could maintain some level of decorum, and allow others to disagree with us w/o resorting to foul language and name calling. We can just agree to disagree and debate the issues like adults!
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 9:25 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• We can't cure the common cold because it is a virus that mutates. Smallpox does not. Just like the flu. Why do you think they make different flu vaccines every year? Because it mutates. and to anon 9:08 he will be the first black president because what society has instilled in him since birth. Maybe you don't see it wherever you are, but blacks are more accepting of biracial kids than most whites. I'm definetly not saying all whites are like that, but some. Just look back in history, when the white slave masters had sex with the slaves. Did the other whites accept that baby as their family. NOPE!!!! That's why Obama will be theoretically be the first black president although he is biracial.
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 9:42 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Could you be any more cynical? I don't even know how you want people to reply to the ramble!
    KDW211

Answer by KDW211 at 10:12 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• My friend sent me a great letter regarding our wonderful country, I wish I could post it on here but it's way to long.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:55 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I see the stupidity of this rambling "not-question"!!

FYI - this would have been better done as Journal; not a question!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• You have a point there,but lets get down to the reality of things it has always been contrast as far as man can acknowledge exsistence. Notice how your question/thought became a racial thing! Someone just had to talk about Obama...insult his intelligence,hello he is a Harvard graduate!he was president of Harvard Law School. Anyway, I see color of his skin denounces him here in america & obviously here,whereas over seas they embrace him. Somebody even tried to strip him of being the first black prez,someone got technical "mixed President",does it matter ?when you have a drop of black blood in this country you are black. I didn't make this up,this is our history. The point is he is a Man and listening to him I see alot more potential than Mc Cain.

loriec

Answer by loriec at 11:37 AM on Oct. 14, 2008