Why are those annoying politcal calls exempt from the Do Not Call list?

Like that call right in the middle of dinner will make me vote for them? Leave me alone! I can make an informed decision w/out being hounded by all these calls! Gosh, I can't wait til the elections are over!

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 8:26 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Apparently they are above the law.....YA THINK.......I've called the do not call line, also did it on the puter, and they still call. I hang up, but hate it that they interrupt my time or what I'm doing.  Do they think were going to listen to their BS on our dime and time........What really pisses me off is I can't tell them to get off my phone and do not call......it's all recorded.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 8:28 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Because the politicians that make these calls also make the laws.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:28 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Honestly, I haven't gotten a single call... Ever... Even if I did though, I don't answer the phone if I don't know who it is AND actually want to talk to you, so they can call all they want for all I care...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:29 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I actually don't mind them. I just make up stuff to answer their questions so they never get accurate info from me.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 8:29 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I have a cell phone and never received those calls.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:30 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Because political calls are not "cold" calls. We call from lists of registered voters. If you are a democrat you gets calls from that camp, republican from them and Independent/undeclared from both. If you answer the questions they ask that campaign will not call again as we mark the sheet as responded.

pinkbraclets

Answer by pinkbraclets at 8:32 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• They aren't selling anything.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 8:33 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Alot of these calls are pre-recorded so I can't even tell a real person to quit bugging me! But the last "real person" call I got actually had the nerve to ask for my position on abortion. That's such a hot-button topic & a very personal issue that I refused to answer & hung up. I really just dont like the intrusion- that's why we're on the Do Not Call List. If you aren't friends/family- DO NOT CALL!
    mrsmom110

Comment by mrsmom110 (original poster) at 8:36 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• The government doesn't want to be ignored. They did that so you're not ignoring your civic duty to participate in politics.
    I didn't know they were exempt, but I betcha that's why.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:24 PM on Sep. 7, 2010