When was the last time you did any home renovations?

We spent the last year putting flooring down, painting, and wall papering. And it still doesn't feel like we're done. But I guess we pretty well are. We just have to finish my craft room and that's about half done now. But we still need to get matching curtains for the living room.

L.A.F.outloud

Asked by L.A.F.outloud at 8:35 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Home & Garden

• LOL... long process huh. We built a pool and pool house abou5 yrs ago.... longest year of my life.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 8:38 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• We put in a new deck and new front porch this summer. And got a new kitchen facaut. Now we are saying to redo appliances and redo one of the bathrooms.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 8:37 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• oops saving not saying
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 8:38 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Good for you! We will be starting a new project in 18 months. Thinking of a room addition on the ground floor (okay, a new master bedroom). With the addition, the roof line and deck will need changing. Good thing we have some time :)
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 8:38 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Last year we remodeled our master bedroom, redid the closet and made it a walk in closet, and redid the master bath and added a shower! The year before that we redid our family room, making a much nicer room and knocking out a bar and wall and making a big hall closet! Our house didn't have enough closets. The year before that we redid our main bathroom, got all new everything, shower/tub, sink and finally this year a toilet. We made a pantry for the kitchen in the hallway and moved the closet like shelf area on the opposite wall in the bathroom. This year, we've done absolutely nothing! LOL
    jennifer1983

Answer by jennifer1983 at 8:56 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• My husband just finished the red deck from hell. It's been a project for 2 summers. we just had contractors come in and "fix" the upstairs bath that my oldest destroyed. They did a horrid job and we had to have a 2nd plumber come out and fix the fix! what a pain. I think the next major project to arise will result in mental breakdown.
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 8:57 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• We did almost everything before we moved in, because I didn't want to live in the mess again. We fully remodeled our first house, and had moved in after the first month. What a mess. This time, we didn't move in until pretty much everything was done. The only thing we did afterward was painting, once we decided what we wanted. That was last year. It's nice to live in a finished product.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:00 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• My DH is finishing the garage right now. The builder didn't finish it so DH has put up the insulation so far. He's got to borrow a truck so he can get the drywall. He also put a up a new light and some new outlets in the corner where he does his work. Once the drywall gets put up, he's going to build some shelves so we can get a lot of his tools and stuff put up. Our next project is putting hardwoods in our living room and dining room, but that will have to wait until we get tax money.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 9:54 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• My husband loves projects- We bought a home last year that is a real gem. I keep telling myself, "location, location, location." Anyhoo, we are in the process of a major renovation-add ons etc... I'm already dreading the process. Our last home was perfect after ten years, and the Co decided to relo us- it always happens. We did put in all new fences, dog run and hard scape last fall-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:59 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• We're stripping wallpaper in the living/dinning room, bathroom, and son's room. That's our first project as of right now. We only moved in in Oct. '09, and since there's nothing major that needs repairing we're taking our time.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:20 PM on Sep. 7, 2010