what do you think about Castroil???

My best friend is MISSERABLY pregnant and is seriously about ready to pop. she doesn't want to be pregnant any more.....

and i'd thought i'd ask for your opinion for her to decide on if she wants to take it....

So is it a good idea? Or Bad idea?? and what are the pros and cons to taking it....

Thanks :)

stephany21

Asked by stephany21 at 9:05 AM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've heard really bad things about it. What about having lots of orgasms instead? At least that won't taste nasty!
    bdotmom

Answer by bdotmom at 9:29 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I was considered in labor the friday before i had my dd,..and my hubby went and got some, i swear to you i drank that stuff in juice 5 different time and it never did anything...it'll only make you poop (according to the label),..if she's that miserable, as bad as it sounds have sex...the sperm makes you efface more or whatever its called,,...it brought my contractions on hard and strong after that,..and at 11:56 that night mackenzie grace was born
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 9:34 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I took that and it worked for me! I went to the doctor and she said I wasn't even dialated yet. I was so mad that I drank that and two days later my Makenzie was born 9 days early!!! It was so disgusting and I was on the toilet ALL day long. WARNING: It is very very very gross!!!
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 10:10 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• when i tried it nothing happened. it was a waste of money for me but my aunt did it and it worked for her but you have to already be dialiated and she walked forever
    hopenalivia

Answer by hopenalivia at 12:15 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Giving yourself diarrhea isn't going to help you have your baby. An OB doctor told me once that he felt that stuff put babies into distress, possibly making them poop into their amniotic fluid and making them VERY sick. I would simply tell my friend to have sex with her partner if she has one and make sure he ejaculates high in her vagina. They say semen has proteins in it that can soften your cervix when it is time.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 12:30 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• intercouse is far more successful in inducing labor.
    the cervadil that they give women to induce labor contains an ingredient that's found in sperm and it helps to ripen the cervix and prepare it for dilation.

i did some research on castor oil when i was pregnant because i was 41 weeks and my doctor was talking about chemical induction. it has a pretty low success rate and like other posters have said, the side effects(diarrhea) are very unpleasant.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 1:01 PM on Oct. 14, 2008