Stolen package?

My aunt sent her wedding present to us to my fiance's apartment (in Corvallis, OR) from Antelope, CA. She sent it on the 3oth of August. Since it's not here yet, do you think they must've left it at the door and somebody stole it? Has this ever happened to you?

katinthehat8914

Asked by katinthehat8914 at 8:38 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Unless it was over night shipped, it can take up to 10 days. And the holiday weekend may have delayed it too. Don't worry just yet. I bet it will show up by Friday. Hang in there. PS Congrates on the wedding!!
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 8:42 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Yes, when I lived in an apartment. I ordered two candles from ebay and the mailman left them at the door and they were stolen. I could not do anything about it. My husband sent my MIL flowers for Mother's Day and someone stole them from her door. Luckily the apartment had cameras and saw them get stolen. They made the woman who stole them pay us back or get evicted.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:44 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Did she send it UPS/FedEx? Just asking because she should've received a tracking # from them, she can look up your package whereabouts on their website. Good luck. Congrats on your marriage. ;)
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 8:45 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I ordered a crib online for my youngest boy, and the site said it had been delivered. But I had no package. I went through this long drawn out thing.. Because it was my word against the drivers.. I had already paid.. all that nonsense. THEN these two guys show up at my door asking if so and so lives here. I said yes thats me, and hes like OH awesome we got this massive package today, and we totally would have kept it until we saw the pic of a crib.. then we felt really bad that theres some really upset mom with a baby and no crib.. so we have been looking for you all day. hahaha they were very nice to return it. =)
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 8:45 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• When I send something I always get insurance and at least that way the item has a value put on it. A tracking number is a little more helpful, but even then all it says is that it arrived at a certain point and it may not even be there. Things disappear......
    Hope you get it soon.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:52 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Usually in apartments, packages get left at the rental office and a note gets posted on the door by the delivery person. Maybe they can check the rental office.
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 9:00 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• It's possible it got lost or stolen. I had a book that vanished somewhere between the sender and me. Luckily they were able to send a replacement. Are you able to track it? Does your aunt have the tracking number?
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:54 AM on Sep. 8, 2010