26 weeks preggo + headache...?

I'm 26 weeks with my 3rd and I have had a headache now for about a week or week and a half. It will not go away with med's or anything else I have tried. I have an appt. to see my Dr. next week and I was just going to wait until then to ask him about it but it is starting to really bother me. So aside from calling my Dr.....what could it be? Anyone else have this issue?

kristinashley24

Asked by kristinashley24 at 8:41 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Get your blood pressure checked. If it is elevated you will definitely need to see your Dr. asap.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 8:45 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Check your BP. If its up, your doc needs to know immidiately.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 8:46 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• it could be dehydration. are you drinking about 2 liters a day?
    it could be stress. how are you handling things?
    a chiropractor could help : )
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:53 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Pre-Eclampsia is very dangerous. You need to check your B/P. If you don't have a way to check it at home then you need to go to WalMart or Kroger and check it. If it is anywhere near one hundred and fourty over ninty, then you need to call the Dr. ASAP. If it is normal then it could just be hormones.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 8:54 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• The dehydration could be an issue too. For sure get the BP checked though. When I was 20 weeks, I had an excruciating headache & I let it go for about a week. I finally went to the ER because it got so bad. When they checked my BP, it was 210/105 & continued to climb. I was admitted, & after spending 2 weeks very, very sick & ending up in critical condition, I had to have an emerg c-sect at 23 weeks to save my life. I had developed H.E.L.L.P. syndrome & nearly lost my baby & my life. Better to have it checked & have it be nothing serious than to let it go. Best Wishes to you.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 9:03 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• can be tention headaches wich dont go away with meds for me
    almostmommy23

Answer by almostmommy23 at 9:28 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• It could be lots of things. I would go ahead and call your doctor though. It could be blood pressure or blood sugar problems which can cause major problems to you and the baby. Or it could be allergies or tension headaches. They can give you some pain medication if regular Tylenol will not take it away.
    bekfish84

Answer by bekfish84 at 12:41 AM on Sep. 8, 2010