its almost 9/11... where were you, what were you doing when it happened?

i was 14, in 8th grade, technology class. i live 30 minutes from manhattan, so they put my school on "code red" lockdown, nobody was allowed in or out of the school, or the classrooms. we had to sit that classroom for an hour or two and we just kept hearing random rumors from phone calls the teacher was getting about what happened. once we were allowed to leave, almost everybodys parents were comming to get them. my mom came and picked up me and my cousin who was also in that school..

PURPULbutterfly

Asked by PURPULbutterfly at 8:48 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I was sitting in my hospital bed nursing my 1 day old son. I had the TV on and was flipping through the channels when I saw it. My DH came into my hospital room and asked what had happened. My baby, my almost 9 year old little boy was born on the "Last normal day in America". All of my friends and family remember his birthday because of that. I can still remember sitting there and looking at his sweet innocent little face and thinking about the world that I brought him into.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 9:28 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I was at a bank, really ticked that the tellers were watching some stupid news thing and not waiting on me ! But when I turned to see what was so important, I was horrified....myself, 3 other bank customers and all the tellers stood there for a long time just watching the t.v. with our mouths open ! My baby was with me, in my front carrier, sound asleep...only one month old....and I got this horrible feeling for him, realizing how fragile life was and wondering what the heck kind of world was he just born into....what a devastating, emotional time.
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 8:54 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• i was 14 in 8th grade lol i was in history class when it happen and another teacher came in the room and told our teacher to turn on the tv and we all sat together and watched it then we started talking about what happen and our teacher was trying to anwser our questions and explain what happen as best he could
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 8:51 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I was 16 in 10th grade. In Spanish class. My classmates and I watched on t.v. as it happened in stunned silence
    soccerfanatic14

Answer by soccerfanatic14 at 8:53 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I was 19 and a junior in college. One of my sorority sisters told me about the first plane as I was getting on the elevator to head to my first class, which just happened to be a political science class on foreign policy. The instructor refused to discuss it, dismiss class, or even turn on the TV saying everything was just speculation. By the time I got to my next class, which was a media theory class, the buildings had fallen, and we watched the news coverage. I ended up skipping my last class of the day and watched the news with my sisters all day and night.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 8:55 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I hadn't watched tv all day and I didn't know anything about it till my husband told me someone flew a plane into the World Trade Centre. I just thought it was a little Cessna plane that had lost control. It wasn't until we watched the news to see if it was mentioned that I found out how devastating and life changing it was.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 8:55 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I was at work. My mother called me to tell me a plane had just hit the first tower. I ran into the groomers room because she had a tv and told her what happened and to turn it on. Everyone yelled at me saying that wasn't funny. They thought I was kidding. I finally convinced the groomer to turn the channel just in time to see the second plane hit. We were all horrified. Everyone started calling family members and my family spent hours trying to find out if my Uncle who is a pilot was okay. (He was) It was a scary day.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:58 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I just turned 29 my 2 and 4 year old were still in bed. I was in bed I turned on the T.V. just as the second plane was coming. i was glued to the T.V. all day. My husband was at work and my mom came to sit with me and the boys because i was nervous. I called her in the morning, she was gardening and didn't know what was going on.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 9:02 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I was 22, my twins were 6 days old. I thought at first it was a horrible joke. I quickly discovered it was real, and then I was mad at myself for bringing my babies into this world of war. I am over it now but I was sooo afraid for them. I was in my living rm getting ready to take them to the doctor for a check up. It was the saddest day I remember in this nation. :(
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 9:38 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• i was at work watching the news as it all happened. My husband was on a flight to London and I was watching to see where the planes came from.
    Ittgal

Answer by Ittgal at 9:49 PM on Sep. 7, 2010