Diaper Changes

Ever since my baby could roll over she has given me a hard time with diaper changes. She flips and twists and won't lay still. She is now 13 mo. and it has not gotten any easier. I give her things to play with while I'm changing her but almost every diaper change is a struggle. The more I try to hold her down, the more she screams. Anyone else have this problem?

lala9

Asked by lala9 at 9:06 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my daughter will be 2 next month and we still have this problem. It's always a battle to have a child sit still to do something they really don't want to do. We have been doing a little potty time. So i just can't wait for her to be fully potty trained! lol
    ashjacks4

Answer by ashjacks4 at 9:10 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Good point! Every time I know she is going to the bathroom, I think about potty training her. But then I think she is too young and won't catch on just yet. Can't wait!
    lala9

Comment by lala9 (original poster) at 9:15 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Honestly at that age I was giving my child a warning and then giving a light swat on the thigh. I know a lot of people don't agree with that but it is what we did and it worked. Other than that you could always try doing your changings with the child standing. We will do that some times, she actually prefers it that way. Sometimes it just has to be done laying down though, like for poop!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:54 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Have you thought about changing her pee-diapers with her standing up? My daughter wraps her arms around my neck and I have learned to do it quickly.
    babywhatnow

Answer by babywhatnow at 10:09 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• just remember she wont be in diapers forever..there is a bright light at the end of the tunnel.. :)
    Johnsmom2010

Answer by Johnsmom2010 at 10:50 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• My son grew out of it, but my 10 month old gives me the worst trouble.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:02 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• i also did what but_mommie did, and it worked great..they know ya mean business and the more ya let them get away with it, the harder it will be
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:13 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I am going through this also with my 15 month old. I try and give her a toy but that only entertains for a few seconds. Maybe a toy at diaper time will help you more.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 11:14 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• my son is 13 months old and does that too, i tell him no and turn him back over and sometimes that works, if not i'll let him hold a toy or something but usually i just have to fight him and hope i get it on straight
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:19 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• My son did that around 13-14 months and finally stopped at about 20 months. He's 2 now and will occasionally flip over, but usually it's only when my husband is changing him, thankfully!!!
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 12:31 PM on Sep. 9, 2010