Will I commit Suicide?

This may be a weird question, but I'm really curious and kind of worried. I have had thoughts of committing suicide for years now. The thoughts just come at random times, and as far as I know, I'm not really a depressed person, but I have always struggled with some anxiety issues. I've never told anyone that I think about killing myself, and that is what kind of scares me. I've always heard that the people that go around telling people they are going to kill themselves are the ones that are just doing it for attention or saying it out loud so someone will stop them.. and it's the ones that everyone didn't suspect that does it. I guess my question is since I've never expressed these thoughts to anyone (until now), am I more likely to actually go through with it one day??? Do you know of anyone that committed suicide? Did they talk about it first or was it unexpected?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Health

• I would seek professional help immediately
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:12 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Call 1-800-273 TALK
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:13 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• My friend's fiance always said she would and she finally did with pills. But either way to say or not is serious! See a psychiatrist or counselor.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 9:14 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Do you want to talk?
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 9:14 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Everyone that I've heard of who commited suicide never spoke of it first. It was just something that took everyone by surprise!

I think you should see a professional about this though. It could be a case of depression that's causing these thoughts and the anxiety level. You might not even know you're depressed, it could just be a chemical inbalance in your brain.

Seek professional help, talk to them about it. They could put you on anti-depression medicine and see if this helps. If I were you, I wouldn't let this go without that sort of help.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 9:15 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• suicide hot line 800-784-2433

Answer by Bmat at 9:19 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• You should talk to a doctor about it.
    If you decide not to, when you are feeling those things, think about your kids how it would affect them and everyone else around you. That should slap you back into reality, if not check into a hospital.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 9:28 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• You have so much to live for and so much to gain. Do you know how much your loved ones love you, please do not do it. Take the advice above from what the other ladies have said if anything Bmat gave you a 800 number call it. Nothing is worth harming yourself over, you can work anything out. I send you much love and hugs. If you need to talk I am here for you please.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 9:31 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I would say those who actuall do it took everyone by surprise.

If you have these thoughts, do as others suggested and talk to a professional. If you don't, atleast start adding more positive in life. And take the time to realize the positive in life. How valuable life is and how valuable you are. How many lives you bless daily. maybe get more angry at that stinkin thought creeping into your head. How dare it! It's your life, and you will enjoy and appreciate it. That thought is never welcome andhad better stay out. Be offended it even tries to intrude. just my opinion though....
    thelowlander

Answer by thelowlander at 9:33 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• it seems like everyone has said about the same thing...but I actually have had thoughts but never thought about acting on them and never have spoke about them and so I think if you feel the urge to actually do something then I would recommend you talk to someone.
    sweet_mamaof3

Answer by sweet_mamaof3 at 9:43 PM on Sep. 7, 2010