Someone Help!

I am almost 29 weeks pregnant, and I use to smoke a pack of cigarettes before I got pregnant. However, I have cut down alot, Is it going to hurt my baby if I smoke a cigarette every once in a while? Please Help!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i think its diffrent with everyone my sister had like a cig a day throw out the hole pregnancy and everything was fine i had a few more a day then her intill i was about 7 months along i had a ultrasound and my baby was only 3lb it scared me so bad and i stoped smoking it turns out that it really didnt have anything to do with the smoking my plsenta (spell?) wasnt working right. but all turned out good in the long run i think all in all its better to stop if you can get down to only havent one once in a while it should be a lot easyer to stop. i hope this will help
    mommy033

Answer by mommy033 at 9:53 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Honestly, probably not. Less (or none) is def better than more. Buuuuut....why do anything that could potentially harm the baby? In my opinion, it's just not worth it:)

lovin_being_mom

Answer by lovin_being_mom at 9:55 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I smoked a pack a day until I found out I was pregnant, and then I quit ( I think I got really stressed out and smoked like 2 cigarettes when I was pregnant, but they made me want to puke) , but I had a friend who smoked the whole time she was pregnant and her baby is fine..granted, she didn't smoke a whole lot, but...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I smoked throughout both of my pregnancies. Heavily throught the last 3 months of my first. It's not something that I'm proud of at all...but my first son was perfectly healthy. I'm 36 1/2 weeks now and all seems well with this one also. If you can quit, I would definitely try....it just depends from woman to woman. There's no guarantee that it will or won't harm the baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I had a really hard time quitting during pregnancy and my OB told me cutting back is better than not trying at all, and if I could limit to 5 or less per day the risk was almost zero.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 12:36 PM on Oct. 14, 2008