• In the Spotlight:

coke??

ok is coke ok to drink during pregnancy???
i drink sprint but it saids on the box no caffine??? is it ok do drink>>> i drink one a day and water the rest of the day so any adicve on this

VILLEDA88

Asked by VILLEDA88 at 9:42 AM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i was told by the doc when i was pregnate that it was ok to drink pop if you drank it a lot before you got pregnate just not as much as before and sprite is ok bc there is no caffine one or two cokes a day wont hurt anything
    mommy033

Answer by mommy033 at 9:48 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I always avoided caffeine while I was pregnant because it caused me to have pain in my breasts. I would have shooting pains that felt like they came through my breast and out my nipple. Also, too much caffeine can result in a jumpy baby when they are born.
    tristaragz

Answer by tristaragz at 9:48 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• funny thing is, i drank coffee, but i didn't drink coke. it was the only thing i craved during my pregnancy. i had one cup a day, the rest water. my dr said it was ok. just don't over do it
    Fanta-Mommy

Answer by Fanta-Mommy at 9:50 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I think if you learn what Coke (or most soda's) do in your body, and the lasting effect, you'd probably not drink it ever again. Pregnant or not.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:59 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Yep, it is okay. Just like the other girls said dont over do it. Reminder that chocolate has caffiene though as well so I would avoid soda if you also are eating chocolate and visa versa. Also, no diet coke (or any diet sodas). You can drink more caffiene free stuff like sprite than you can coke but I wouldnt reccomend it just because soda is so bad for your body in high amts.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 10:03 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• That would be fine. I usually drink 2 Dr. Peppers a week. Never been told not too.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 10:05 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I craved coke! I drank a few cans a day. I also drank a cup of coffee every morning. My baby was fine, not jittery or anything like that.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 11:09 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I drink Coke daily....not a ton though. As long as you keep it in moderation, a few a day, the baby will be fine!
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 11:15 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• there is nothing good about coke ingredients. i would stop drinking it-if you have to have one than make it a treat but personally I cut all sodas out, especially diet sodas. Who really knows if is safe for babies down the road. I am not saying I was perfect but I tried to eat healthier whern I was PG and it was easy for me to cut out soda.
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 11:56 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I drink coffee every day, and a soda maybe every other day. I only drink sweet tea when we go out to eat. My baby is perfectly healthy =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:11 PM on Oct. 14, 2008