Mailing package question

I'm mailing a breast pump in it's original box. Can I just attach the shipping label or do I have to put the box in a box?

kristinas8

Asked by kristinas8 at 9:27 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Shopping

• It depends what carrier you are using.... ups doesn't care.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 9:28 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I mailed something with the post office in a diaper box one time, didn't have to wrap it or anything, just stuck the label on. I asked at the counter, and they said it was fine. :) Just make sure it's packed well and the box is taped up.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:30 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• USPS
    kristinas8

Comment by kristinas8 (original poster) at 9:30 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I like to put things in a bigger box and put bubble wrap of sorts in it to make sure it is well package and protected and in a brown box or wrapped in brown packing paper.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:32 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Our post office told me NOT to wrap it in paper because the edges could get caught on the machines and end up unwrapping the package and they would have no idea what it was. As long as the label is legible and easy to find and there is nothing saying it is liquid/perishable etc then it is fine to ship just like that, but I might consider putting it in a different box just to add a little more protection to it.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:42 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• DH is employed by the USPS - you're supposed to put it inside another box, any writing besides the address labels is not allowed.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 12:13 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• The answer 4time mom gave you is exactly wheat my post office told me last time i tried. they will take it with a black marker over the print that doesnt matter if it is just some words.
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 12:30 PM on Sep. 11, 2010