2 yr old crying at nap/bed time?

My two year old was doing fine with naps and at bed time up in till about a week ago. now when i start telling her its time for bed she will run into the bedroom climb into her bed and start screaming and crying non stop. she will throw herself on her bed in a laying position then sit right back up and scream. she throws her juice cup and paci and wont let me hold her untill about 30 minutes into this fit and she will only fall asleep when im holding her like a baby rocking back and fourth. this came out of the blue and i have no idea why. any thoughts or tips to make this easier on myself and her would be wonderful

Tbrown33317

Asked by Tbrown33317 at 9:28 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She has realized that she can do this and gets your attention. She also has realized that she is alone and doesn't like it. It's an irrational fear. She is "punishing" you by withholding her affection by not letting you hold her. So I would just let her cry, she has her cup and paci to soothe her. I know it sounds harsh but if you don't curb this now you'll be caught in this drama for a long time and it will get worse. This is just dime store psychology from an old mom! Good luck and be strong!
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 9:46 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Welcome to my world... Would you like a tour!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:51 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Personally I would let her cry. AND if my kids threw their cups and paci's across the room, I would take those too. I wouldnt' give in and hold her, much less wait for her to "let" me.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:01 AM on Sep. 8, 2010