What is a normal turnover of teachers in a toddlers classroom?

Im worried the day care i picked for my son is replacing teachers way too often which makes my 20 month old have a sever case of separation anxiety.
Is it normal that these classes change teachers often? what is the average out there?

Sigal.D

Asked by Sigal.D at 9:41 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Actually, it happens more than you know because the daycares pay way too little and the ladies need more to live.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:42 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Most daycare centers have high-turnover. If you are wanting a comfortable place for your child I would look into a home daycare. It can also cause your son to have an attachment problem.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:46 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Very normal for day care to have a high turn over in staff due to the lack of pay, and appreciation. It will never change.....sorry.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:52 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Sadly it's pretty normal- I worked in a daycare for many years- the pay is just too low and stress kinda high to keep alot of the good ones around...
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:59 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Unfortunatly it is very common. Most of those teachers are over worked and making just over min wage... A really good private daycare will be better but they are also more expensive. Have you considered a licensed in home child care?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:05 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• i was also gona suggest a licensed in home child care person..much better quality people, in my opinion..they care more!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:11 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I worked in a daycare. I was a 2's teacher. it really depends on your daycare. where I worked it was a horrible environment for teachers because the director didnt care about our stress level or anything. i had a child punch me in the eye, and she didnt even tell his parents, she basically wouldn't let me tell them, we had incident reports, and the one i wrote up, mysteriously kept disappearing when I sent it to her to sign.
    anyway. dont be suprised if the turn over is high/often. espessially if the teachers are young... maybe you should find a new daycare? check reviews online or talk with friends? good luck!
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 1:03 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I am going through the same thing with my 15 month old. It sucks. Tallk to the director and express your concerns. What is happening in our case is different teachers from other classes are coming into her room and its never the same one for more than a few days and the seperation anxiery when I leave is building.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 11:13 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Thank you all for your answers. unfortunately the reality of things is leaving me more frustrated.
    @Navyjen- i had the same problem your having in the young toddler room and i complained about it then too. i also spoke to the director two weeks ago about schedule changes their making without notifying the parents. i mean is it too much to ask that we know who takes care of our children at all times??
    How do i find a good licensed home day care?
    Sigal.D

Comment by Sigal.D (original poster) at 2:13 AM on Sep. 9, 2010