why do I attract such losers!?!!?! *part vent*

I'm almost done with my bachelors in Social Work and plan to get my masters next year. I am smart, pretty, talented, and driven. And who gives me their numbers? Not the cute guys in grad school who actually have their lives together..NO I get the 27 year old drummer who wants me to come see him play, or the already deadbeat dad who just got his lip pierced...Yea that was just this week. I'm also a badass fire spinner and tough as nails single mom who likes her whiskey straight. I think that I indimidate the "good" ones..I need a good, intelligent man with an edge to him...just like me, do they exist? And seriously!! What is it with this loser magnet on my forehead!?!

gypsymama532

Asked by gypsymama532 at 9:41 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• If you find any of those "good" ones .. give them my number - lol.
    I attract the loser's too. I'm very outspoken and speak my mind. I also intimidate the guys around here. OR, I find one that appears to be a good guy, and they leave me for the freaking ugly girl's that cheat on them constantly.
    UGHH! I've given up on men for now. LOL
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 9:43 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• If it makes ya feel any better, not only do I attract the losers, but I'm also attracted to them most of the time...ugh......
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:57 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• haha your funny, but i was the same for along time. all the guys i attracted where already married and just wanted an affair, the others just wantd a fuck buddie. i am also very outspoken and not afraid to speak my mind, so guys where attracted to me but intimidated, then i found my hubby at the start of this year, we are so alike, both caoricorns and headstrong, don't like to be told wha to do and as stubborn as you can get, but both of us love to look after people and help others so we attracted each other and have been inseprable since. you will find the right guy eventually, enjoy yourself in the meantime and use the guys that your not that into.
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 10:02 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• birds of a feather flock together? why don't you just ask the next loser why he was attracted to you, and go ask all the Mr. Right's why they aren't. I think I have an idea why this keeps happening....................
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:51 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• You know, I had this very same problem! After numerous losers, I finally got to the point that I was like "I'm going to enjoy my life without a man!" And I did just that. I didn't even WANT to meet a man. Then a girl I worked with asked me to go out for a drink. An hour later, she told me her husband was coming and he was bringing a friend. I did NOT want to meet a man. I almost didn't go, almost turned the car around twice, almost backed out of the parking lot...etc. I went in and within 10 minutes told him to "fuck off." Apparently, he liked smart mouthed girls who called him on his BS, even though he didn't want to meet a girl either. We've been married 6 years and have a beautiful 3 yo boy. He makes me laugh and is amazing! My point is, I think there is something about having confidence, knowing who you are, and having a smart mouth too. lol Just don't give up and don't get bitter. Let's here it for strong women!!
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 10:52 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• What makes you think the drummer is a loser? The dead beat dad, yeah, I can see that one. But the drummer may not be such a loser. Why not give him a shot? What would it hurt to go see him play?
    Maybe you should as out one of the "good" one's. I met my hubby at a bar. But before I met him, no one would approach me. All these other girls got approached all the time. I asked some guys I knew, as friends, why that was. They said cause I looked stuck up. Not saying that's the case with you, but my hubby thought I was out of his league when he saw me. He wouldn't approach me, either. So, maybe you should be the one to make the first step here. What's the worse thing that could happen? You get a 'no', so what? You move on to the next guy. Is there a shortage of them?
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 11:29 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I think you should soften up a little. The right guy is out there, but to attract more quality men you do have to have certain qualities they look for. You can still be who you're but fin tune it a little. Ask the guys why. Maybe they will give you a chance if they get beyond the first impression?

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 1:28 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Yeah you got a loser magnet inside ya.lol. Cheer up its not that bad and it does get better. Take your focus off men and finish the degree. Then attend social events that would have guys attending that you would be interested in.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 3:34 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Its probably not your time to meet the right man right now...continue doing what you do, in time the person that's meant to be in your life will be there! Just don't forget to keep turning the losers away!
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:51 PM on Sep. 8, 2010