To Amoms: Did you? adult content

This is so odd that I have to ask anon: I am an Adoptive Mom and my child is now 8 yrs old. For 9 straight years (including the date of birth), I have had my period on my child's birthday. I am not a "regular" cycle person, my cycle is completely all over the place so there is no logic for this. For the first 4 years or so I just thought it was ironic, after 9 years I just have to think there is something hormonal that goes on.
Am I completely crazy or has anyone had this happen to them? (Wishing there was still an option for Anon replies, LOL)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Adoption

• I have mine on my daughters bday each month- i use to have it the 1st before she was born but now it's a faithful 25th each month
    I never thought about it now until I read your post! Wierd. I didnt adopt thou, so your case is even stranger
    lovmyhubby

Answer by lovmyhubby at 9:45 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I have never heard of it. Interesting. Do you keep a calender? You say you are all over the place. Yet systematically each b-day you have your period. It could be there is a pattern - a weird one, but a pattern. One that doesn't go monthly but more if you look at two years you can see a connection or pattern throughout the months. Instead of looking at it from just six months or one year perspective.  I have not noticed.  And now my son's birthday is coming up next month....I'll pay attention.  I hope not though.....it's a pool party.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:58 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I've always been very regular and just checked the calendar for the past three Februaries (daughter was born February 2nd) and in 2008, 2009, and 2010 I was NOT on my period during her birthday...each time starting around the 15th-20th of both January and February. I didn't keep a calendar like this in 2007 so I do not know about then, but in thinking about when she was born in 2006, I'm 99.9% positive I was not on my period...just thinking I'd remember that.

I've heard of coworkers and close friends being on the same cycle, but never coinciding with your child's birth date. That is interesting...
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:40 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• That is funny! I never paid attention. I'll have to notice now.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:08 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I have heard all kinds of psychosomatic phenomena around adoption. I've met a birth mom who said she has recurring dreams that her lower arms were cut off, and a birth mom who said she lactated every month during her period for five years after relinquishment. It's not always concerning adoption but any time I have a very emotional event I get kidney infections. Once, it was adoption related. I was having a very emotional time during my early reunion; I was supposed to be celebrating my 16th wedding anniversary and had postponed it due to the infection. That day my adoptee son came to the movie studio I work at to have lunch with me, there was no way on earth I would call in sick and cancel that lunch. The whole time he was there I was so happy and felt incredibly well, I thought I was better, but the moment he left, all the symptoms came back and I went home to bed. No anniversary celebration for us....

onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 3:16 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• ....so I have to say I totally believe that this happens to you. Don't doubt it for a moment. I've never heard an amom talk about such things, but I totally believe you.

Don't know why you would wish there was still an anon button though. I'm thrilled it's gone, 'cos I never used it and didn't read anon replies. Always felt like they were just an excuse to be rude.

onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 3:20 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Wow that is strange, I've never heard of that before! Must be some kind of hormonal thing?
    So_Blessed7

Answer by So_Blessed7 at 5:38 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• i havent heard that before
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:52 AM on Oct. 12, 2010