What is Mabon?

I saw this somewhere else.

Whatkids

Asked by Whatkids at 9:44 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Mabon is the Pagan Celebration of the Autumn Equinox. It's a time to celebrate the Harvest, the Equinox and a time for Thanksgiving...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:46 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Here is more information:

All About Mabon

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:47 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• That sounds interesting. What types of traditions are there? I love learning about others interests. :)
    Whatkids

Comment by Whatkids (original poster) at 9:47 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Traditions will vary from family to family, like any other holiday. For me, I have an interfaith house, and we are raising our children without religion, so the majority of the celebration is personal... I do sneak in a few crafts with the kids, tell them the story of Demeter & Persephone, and maybe take them berry picking if we can find some, and I make a special celebratory dinner... Beyond that it's something I do alone, I hold a small ritual, nothing big. If I was in a circle, I'm sure that would be different, and hopefully as the children get older I can do more, but at this point we don't have any big celebrations in our family...

The link I provided does have some information on traditions and whatnot though... It's good stuff!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:57 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Thank you!
    Whatkids

Comment by Whatkids (original poster) at 9:59 PM on Sep. 7, 2010