i had a c-section four months ago and i still get very sore around my incision, especially after exercising. how long did your soreness last?

i feel so silly, but it is pretty sore. please respond.

Asked by LittleLiam at 9:43 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 9months pp and i'm still sore occasionally, mainly it's just numb and tingly though.

Answer by Jessimica at 9:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I would ask your doctor to be safe...

Answer by RagJunkie at 10:11 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• well i didnt have a csection but i had my gahlbladder removed and the 5 incisions itched and were sore and felt like they would never heal - but a year and a half later they are still red but not bothersome

Answer by vakatia at 11:31 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• As long as it isn't severely sore, I wouldn't worry to much. The main thing you have to remember is that your muscles were cut and they need time to heal. This probably explains why it is more sore after you exercise. My second c-section was easier than my first, but it still was about 6 months before the sore feeling went away after physical activity. If you are stongly concerned or feel that something may not be right, I would call your doctor.

Answer by drgnfly19 at 10:45 PM on Jul. 1, 2008