Would you let your kids starve like this?

I can not believe (ex) hasn't been putting a good chunk in their lunch acct. I was checking my sk acct. And they are down to nothing. I mean WTF? It is not our business with what she does with the child support but damn atleast make her kids feel good by putting some money in their lunch acct. We put money in when we have it but isn't what child support suppose to do at times like this right now I looked at our acct and we are down to $7.00.
I don't know what money problems she is going through but this should be one of her top priorities. We don't get paid till Fri. I know her other child (different dads) is getting fed. I just wish I/we can help till then. There r 2 teens here. I got problems of my own...What the he'll is she waiting for??? She has no shame.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I don't know what a lunch account is, but if she is not making a point to provide them with food there should be action that can be taken legally on your end...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:02 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• You think child support covers school lunches? Do you really believe that even fit into the equation that the judge handed down to the mother? NO,,it didnt. Neither does, school bus fees for the year, school pics, yearbooks, school supplies..Now lets move on to the upper grades. Child support doesnt cover registration fees, asb cards, pe clothes, lockers and locks for pe, school pics, school supplies, school lunches, yearbooks, any dances the kids want to attend, any extra cirricular activity that your kid wants to join. Senior year? Senior pics, grad night, senior class rings, drivers permit and license, unless already in court orders, insurance for teen driver...I could go on, but I think you get the point,....Stop putting her under a microscope b/c she will have to pay out of her pocket more then you could ever know. and yes Im sure she is taking care of her kid!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Can't they take a lunch?
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 10:01 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Have you considered the child may be packing a lunch? I mean have you talked to them? I'm not being snarky just asking.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:02 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Is the child you are speaking of taking their lunch?
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:03 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Is it possible, she's doing the best she can?? There is still money in the account, even though it's not alot it's still enough for a few more days....
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:04 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Ask them what they have for lunch and see if they tell you they bring a lunch or just don't eat or pay by the day with their own money..... If they're teenagers I'm sure they're capable of fending for themselves. (I used to have a "friend" that would "borrow" money everyday for lunch. Of course I found out too late that she never meant for it to be paid back. Kind of sucked- her parents had way more money than mine.)
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 10:14 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Brown bag it
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 10:18 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Child Support is supposed to go towards all child expenses. Infact, that's kind of the law. She shouldn't be putting that money towards anything other then child expenses.

Can't they take their lunches. They are teenagers, they can make their own lunches before school.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:53 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Jazz, in a perfect world child support would pay for everything,,,but here in the real world, child support pays for next to nothing. Clothes and a roof over their head. Welcome to reality
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Sep. 7, 2010