what would you do if you fell in love with someone then they told you they had herpes?

no sex involved. would you still be with them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Health

• It wouldn't be a deal breaker for me if they told me. When you love someone, you love them with their flaws just like they love you with your's.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 10:54 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Just because someone has herpes doesn't mean they can't have sex. There are treatments and other protections out there. Although it may make me think twice, it wouldn't be an automatic No...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:06 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• U cant just tell anyone that you have herpes, its not like if we intentionally get it n its like okay lets see who wants me now,im saying this because someone gave it to me& Its hard to have to be telling everyone i have it n just wait to see if they run away,
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 10:19 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I know it's not the same, but I get really bad cold sores and never gave it to my husband. I won't kiss him during an outbreak so I guess it is kind of the same. Precautions and antivirals. Obviously, you would not have sex during an outbreak. I suppose it would be better than him having HPV and not knowing or knowing and not telling you and you end up with warts or a strain that leads to cervical cancer. At least if you get herpes, there are medications to help shorten the duration of an outbreak.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:01 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I would be glad that they told me. However, herpes is not something that you are definately going to get from someone just because you are sexually active with them. They make meds for it and it is not always active. It is possible to have a happy life, have sex and children and live normally. You just have to take care of it when it is active.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 10:16 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• If it was a true connection and I could find it in my heart to forgive them for keeping something like that from me, I'd just invest in lots of porn and sex toys and live my life with the one I love.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 10:09 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• A friend of mine at work had broken up w/her bf because he cheatet on her he had to tell her because he ended up getting herpes, they were off for a while and a few months ago got back together, now they are engaged, the people at work were wondering if she had gotten it herself too or if she simply just loved him, they have no kids together& she only 23, who knows but they are now together n are happy.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 10:10 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• u can still have sex & have kids its not the end of the world
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 10:11 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I would question trust in the relationship. If they start off not being honest with something as serious as this,how will it go throughout the rest of the relationship? For me, they just set the standard, Its something to seriously consider.
    lioness3e

Answer by lioness3e at 10:11 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Be glad they told.

Considering that 1/5 to 1/4 of the population has it, chances are that this conversation should come up for many people. And there are plenty of couples out there where one partner has it and the other doesn't, and they have children together.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:11 PM on Sep. 7, 2010