How can i get him to go to my doctors appointments with me

ashleyandray

Asked by ashleyandray at 9:54 AM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Alot of guys are nervous of the doctors (yeah, they're such macho men!) and/or they just don't see the baby as 'real' yet. Wait until your ultrasound, and beg and plead him to come along. He'll be amazed...and if he still doesn't want to come to your further appts let it be. Not everyones perfect.
    lovin_being_mom

Answer by lovin_being_mom at 9:57 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I am assuming OB appts while you're pregnant? I am not sure why he WOULDNT want to go. This is an exciting time for your whole family. My husband is more excited than I am about our appts lol. Does your husband have any days off during the week? Maybe only schedule them those days so he has no excuses. If he doesnt have any weekdays off he should be able to schedule it. I imagine your doc office schedules them a month in advance like mine does? How far along are you? To the exciting stuff yet? Maybe that is what he is waiting for??
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 9:59 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• There are books specifically for daddies to read too. If you can get him to read one, he might be a little more interested in participating.
    lish2127

Answer by lish2127 at 10:00 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• My SO loved going to our first daughters appt with me. He was so excited about it being a girl. But this time he only cares to go when there is an ultrasound which has been once so far and will be again next month. They are just not that interested in the dr thing there are things that are said in those rooms that in my opinion no man should hear.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Can he take time off work? Maybe he doesn't want to go because if he doesn't work he doesn't get paid?
    Anonymous