How many times a day is it normal to pee?

I think I may be dehydrated, but when I try to drink more water, I'm in the bathroom constantly! Normally I pee 3-4 times a day. Isn't that enough?

kristinas8

Asked by kristinas8 at 10:36 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Health

• I don't know how many is normal - my average is 10-15 times a day. I don't think I'm normal, though.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:41 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• If I understand correctly that could also be the cause of an infection. Dehydration is also deteced when you pinch your skin. Seriously. If it doesn't go back into place instantly then that shows you're dehydrated. Especially if it stays in 'pinched' position longer then a second.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:42 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I believe "normal" is 6-8 times a day. But there are other factors (like water intake) that will affect that. If you sip water, you body can utilize it and it will not make you pee as much. I dothat when I work vendor events by myself and can't leave to go to the bathroom.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 10:43 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• There are A LOT of factors that go in to what is normal... How much you drink, how active you are, how much you are sweating... If you think you are dehydrated it's better to EAT water than it is to drink it... Melons are very HIGH in water content and will help to solve the issue much faster than water will.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:47 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• i go at least 10-12 times a day...more when i drink alot, and it seems that i go more when im sitting still for awhile or laying in bed...
    cuteducky

Answer by cuteducky at 10:53 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I def go more than that... sounds like you need to up your fluids
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:22 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I have no idea what's "normal", but I know I go depending on how much I drink in a day. I'm going to say it can range from 3 to 10 times a day.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 7:34 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I pee constantly! At least twice an hour, I don't think that's normal. I used to worry, but my SIL pees as much as I do. Everyone makes fun of us. We took an 11 hour road trip, and it took us 14 hours because we had to stop so many times to pee...LOL
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 5:33 PM on Sep. 12, 2010