How did you get through the terrible two's?

My baby is so cranky, indecisive...happy one minute and throwing things and crying the next. Ugh!!! I am being so patient, but OMG!!!! I'm over it!! lol.

How did you all get through it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Get through it? I'm still in it! lol. My daughter is 2 and oh man, her tantrums are getting outrageous! And she is getting so sassy and stubborn. Drives me batty! And I've been told that after this, it's the trying three's. Greaaat! lol. I've just learned to ignore my daughter's tantrums. If she starts acting up, I just leave her there to get over it. Even if it means she's kicking and screaming in the middle of the floor. And if she does something that's considered "wrong" or "bad", she goes into time out which is usually the chair in the living room or a plastic chair in her room that's in the corner. A child psychologist that works where my husband works told him that you should put a kid in time out, depending how old they are. So since my daughter is two, she would be in time out for two minutes. It works so far.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 7:29 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Take Deep Breathes! In through the nose and out through the mouth... In through the nose and out through the mouth... In through the nose and out through the mouth... In with the GOOD and out with the BAD??? Remind yourself that it is perfectly normal and don't stifle them being a child
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:58 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• What Mommaclark3 said. My son is 23 months and has been a holy terror for the last few months. I take it day to day, breath when I want to beat him, give him and myself time-outs. I talk things through with him and stay consistant with my disapline, which does seem to work 1-2 days a week. I have also found that letting him run around somewhere for a few hours a day makes him more agreeable.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 11:19 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• For me, the umm terrible threes made the twos seem easy. I'm just sayin' ;)
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 10:51 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Day by day...but the "Terrible 2's are nothing compared to the "Terrifying 3's"
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 10:53 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• My son is 19 months but from what my mother tells me you have to set ground rules, easy ones. And be consistant. Also, usually tantrums are thrown because they phyically cannot TELL you what is wrong. THis is a great time to practice using words.
    Joeysmama012709

Answer by Joeysmama012709 at 10:55 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Wine (for me, obviously).
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 11:42 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Try to think the positives of your little one. I'm going through the 2 year old stages too, but I don't like calling it the "terrible two's".

http://www.gentleparents.com/bayer.html (It's an article called Terrible Two's? Not!)
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 12:29 AM on Sep. 8, 2010