Having pain "down there". Anybody got ideas? adult content

So lately I've been getting a dull achy/throbby kinda pain in my labia! The kind of pain that you'd get in a tired muscle. I am 15 weeks pregnant and I have a 16 month old who I still pick up. but if I was to have any sort of achy muscle pain down there, wouldn't it be more in the pelvic floor muscles/groin area? I didn't think there was muscle in the labia. I know it's wierd. I forgot to ask my OB today about it, plus not sure how comfortable I am asking him about it anyway. Only have met him 2x. Any ideas would be great! And I'm sure plenty of you have some teasing to do too!

happymom7566

Asked by happymom7566 at 10:51 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Health

• Well, I have the same problem. I am carrying a lot lower this time because I have been pregant before. It is possible your muscles have stretched and can not carry like you did previously. If you stand a long time does it get worst? Or if you do a lot of activity? What helped me is I sit every so often and if I feel a lot of pain I sit down. I have had the pain for most of my pregnancy ( I am 8 months now)and JUST now the baby moved up some and the pain diminished quite a bit. As long as you are not having any bleeding, more than normal discharge, and contractions that is probably what it is.

AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 11:36 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Sorry it took me a while to get back to you. I've been trying to figure out how/when it comes about. I think it's a combo of standing and carrying my son. He's 22 lbs. And I've been trying to not carry him as often. I do notice the days that it's less, the pain is less. Now if i'm holding him that means I'm standing. But I don't think my standing/ walking around changes in amount holding him ornot. (I hope that makes sense!) Thanks for the response. And I'll follow your lead in sitting when the pain comes and see if htat works.
    happymom7566

Comment by happymom7566 (original poster) at 11:16 AM on Sep. 14, 2010