does your dog follow your everywhere?

my dog is a female puggle, iv had her since she was 6weeks old, she will be 2at the end of next month, i love to bits. but the thing is she follows me everywhere like to the bathroom. if i dnt let her in she will sit outside til im done and sometimes crys. if i go outside, she has to go, if i go inside and leave her out she will be at the door once she notices im gone inside and she has to come in, no matter wat room in the house i am she has to be there beside me. is this normal?

otoole

Asked by otoole at 10:53 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Pets

• my dog and cat drive me crazy!!! and follow me everywhere... but the dog is getting old and has turned into the biggest (lab mix) baby ever!! she is afraid to walk down the hallway to our bedroom, she is afraid of my 2 yr old, afraid of loud noises (and we trained her not to be gun shy, we got her in AK) she is afraid of squeaky toys...it is so annoying... she is 14 and still sweet as ever

now my cat!! aarrgghh he waits by the bathroom door... and has to be everywhere i am!! he tolerates my dd just to be near me... and if i am sitting he thinks he has to be on top on me at all times.... he is 13...

but i love my pets they are my family!!
    chiana

Answer by chiana at 11:12 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• My cat follows me everywhere, so Im assuming its even more normal for a dog..lol
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:57 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Our dog follows my 18 year old son everywhere, and if he's not home, then I'm 2nd choice. He doesn't mind waiting outside if I'm in the bathroom, but he will be right there waiting for me. Sometimes when I'm on the computer, he'll come and slip his nose between my side and my arm, and pull my arm over to pet him, or get between me and the computer keyboard, and push the slide out tray for the keyboard back in so I can't type!! He's a real sweetheart though, so he gets away with it!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:02 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• haha i find it sweet but somedays im like knock it off. shes funny to cos shes not allowed on the bed but somehow sneaks up when we are sleepin, she gets thrown of everytime one of us wakes, but still goes back on when we are both back asleep, last night i found her up on the top part of my pillow. she lay beside me too, not my hubby.
    otoole

Comment by otoole (original poster) at 11:01 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I am the only female in a house full of men, and my male lab follows me everywhere as well. My dog is also very fearful of normal things- cars going by, other dogs, and so it may be a safety/security thing.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 11:03 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Sounds like she has some seperation anxiety issues. But yes, I have had dogs that do this. It has annoyed me the times I turn around and trip over them. My golden did this a lot to the point where i taught her not to by using a command. I have acat now that follows me around and likes to be near me when I am watching tv or what ever.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 11:59 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Sometimes. My dog is 13 years old and she's getting crabby, so she isn't glued to me as much as she used to be. My cat on the other hand is a different story. He follows me everywhere. If I go to the bathroom and shut the door, he will sit outside the door and meow and meow until I get done. lol. I'm assuming it's normal, they just love you. :)
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 7:25 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Our dogs are with us 24/7... They go everywhere with us... They are our pets, but they are also working dogs, they get treated like family in the mornings, I even fry eggs up for them....but when its work time, they know their job and are very focused..then at the end of the day, they let my 2 yr old love them up, and they all have their own dog beds and sleep there
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 8:59 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• yes, my husband's new german sheppherd/ akita follows us everywhere. She wont even sleep in another room at night. I think she thinks she is human.
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 1:38 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• i have 2 dogs that do that also they just love me.and your dog is showing you lots of love
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 3:02 PM on Sep. 8, 2010