Anyone else out there with PCOS? How long did it take you to conceive?

I was just diagnosed with PCOS and began taking metformin on top of my thyroid meds. Me and my fiance have been trying to get pregnant for 9 months now, and im sure its not that long but im getting really bummed. I'm really hoping I wont need to go though major fertility procedures because I know how expensive it can be and of course infertility treatment isnt covered by my insurance..

How long has it taken you to get pregnant, and what kinds of treatments did you go through to get there?

blue7eyed3girl

Asked by blue7eyed3girl at 10:58 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• i am in the same boat an taking the same med now i just learn take clomid on days 3-7 u are more likely to concieve taking it on those days instead of days5-9 they say it put out more eggs so i will try it this month but it took me 2yrs to get pregnant on that metformin but everybody is different good luck.
    sexylady35

Answer by sexylady35 at 11:26 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I switched to a gluten free life style. Cysts went away completely. Got pregnant on the first try after 2 months of detox and gluten free living.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 1:25 AM on Sep. 8, 2010