Crap! I just ate two sliced of turkey pastrami and THEN read that it should've been heated.

:-( I need some of you to tell me that you ate lunch meat and your baby was fine, please! PS - I'm not quite 6 weeks along.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• aw best of luck,
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 11:09 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• you should be fine, no worries, just reheat them from now on
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:04 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I didn't follow any of the diet restrictions when I was pregnant- I don't like sushi though, so I didn't eat that. My son was fine, 3 years old now and healthy. Trust me, you should be fine.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 11:05 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I ate lunch meat and was fine. While you should try not to eat it, the chances of getting sick from it are very slim. Don't worry, you'll most likely be totally fine!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:06 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I ate lunchmeat all the time when I was pregnant and my son turned out just fine.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:05 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Got it, thanks! ;-) I feel so dumb because I have a son already, but a lot has changed in the past 4 years! lol
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 11:05 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• seriously don't worry about it, it was only a small amount. sometimes i think people go abit over the top on what you can and cannot eat while pregnant. as long as everything is in moderation and it doesn make you sick you should be fine, you have to remember when our perants where having kids all these rules didn't exsist and we all turned out fine and look at 3rd world countries, they have nothing and the babies are fine so don't beat yourself up.
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 11:07 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Oh well, there goes my annonimity! lol If you know me in real life or on facebook, please don't let the cat out of the bag. I've lost the past 3 pregnancies so we're a little apprehensive about telling people yet.
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 11:07 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I ate luch meat all the time with my first 2 pregnancies. Didn't know it was supposedly bad for you until this one. My boys are smart healthy 2 and 3 yr old boys. You'll be fine.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 11:19 PM on Sep. 7, 2010