IN-LAWS

When i met my husbands family i learned that he was raised by his grandparents and his dad left when he was a toddler. Him and his mom really havent spoke until he met me. when i had my two little boys we all started getting a long really great and it was nice because he was getting close with his mom and his step dad. well his step dad started coming to my house when my husband would go to work to see the boys which i thought was weird and was reading into it to much but then my worst fear came true when he would touch me in ways a father in law shouldnt and i told on him the first time and he talked his way out and i was made to be a liar well i caught him on tape and with my spouses cousin he got in trouble but his mom stayed with him i wont let my boys around him but they see her when he isnt home. i found out she let him see them and is trying to hide it.Does anyone think im wrong for not letting her see them now??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• Just because he's a cheater you won't let him see his grandkids? If it's great with the kids why not let him see them supervised. How old was the cousin in the video?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:17 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• his behaviors with you are definitely inappropriate....i'm sorry no one believed you!....i understand you not wanting him around the kids....a major trust has been borken!.....if your mil is letting him see them when you're not there then she's not being respectful of you....you might tell them that given the circumstances and the fact that she's going behind your back and not being respectful of you then until trust has been regained then they are only allowed to see the boys in your home.....and the your fil will not be in a room alone with you.....if you need to you could even take it one step farther and tell them they can only come when your dh is home
    bigblueeyes

Answer by bigblueeyes at 11:38 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I don't think your wrong. The way I see your a mother and made a decision and if someone can't respect them then they don't deserve to see the children.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 11:39 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I think it might hasty decision you are maing out of anger for lie. I mean he is her husband and its her choice not yours whether she stays with him. If he isnt an actual threat to your children they should be allowed around him. Hes a cheat. Not the worst thing a person can be. I understand why you wouldnt want to be around him considering the advances he made towards you but dont make your children lose their family. They will grow up and see what kind of man he is anyway. Children can be very perceptive like that.
    katcb1019

Answer by katcb1019 at 11:43 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• its your choice who u want yourkids to be around.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 11:48 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• If it was me, I wouldn't let them out of my sight. Insist on being there no matter what. Better yet, if they want to see them, tell them they can only see them when you and your husband are together, and stick to it. I hope things work out for you.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:31 AM on Sep. 8, 2010