For all the pregnant moms who exercise

What do you do to stay fit? Power walk, go to gym ect... and for how long? Towards the end of the pregnancy do you stay with that same plan or change it up?

fashionmommy375

Asked by fashionmommy375 at 11:28 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• when i was pregnant, i walked outside, went to the gym and did the elliptical and arm and leg weights, swam laps at the local ymca, and did prenatal yoga.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:29 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• im 26 weeks pregnant now and i was always at the gym or out running. once i got pregnant i had the worst morning sickness and was totally drained and work got really busy that i was working 7days a week 12 hour days, that i had no time or energy for any kind of excercise, i gave up working at 12 weeks, my hubby begd my to stop as he feard it was to much to take and iwas happy to cos i was so sick. when i got to 14weeks the sickness faded and i started to powerwalk with my dog, but as the weeks went by and i get bigger, i get a really sore side so i have to slow down everynow and then throughout the walk, i like to go at least an hour, if my bladder will allow me that long. now my morning sockness has returnd, but its gone by 7pm so i can still walk my dog the same. i also walk her 15mins in the morning and before bed and i will take her out to the front yard and play fetch and tug of war with her.
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 11:36 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I kept playing ice hockey for the 1st 11 weeks since getting hit in the 1st trimester isn't dangerous to the baby... now at 28 weeks I just walk a lot, weight lift (pretty heavy weights), and go Ice skating once a week, but I won't be able to get my skates on much longer so I'll have to stop that :(
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 11:59 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I swam all summer but I just had to close up my pool. When I can't swim I walk but that is getting harder to do so I've pretty much stopped exercising for now. I'm 35 weeks now anyway.
    bekfish84

Answer by bekfish84 at 12:33 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I walked like crazy when I was pregnant. Good luck!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:33 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I did most of the same stuff I did before I got pregnant, but I had to learn how to listen to my body to know when to stop or when to slow down (took a couple of times of getting light headed at the gym before I got it down). I was still bike riding, walking hills, lifting weights, doing yoga, swimming, whatever I could. Biking was particularly fun toward the end, when my belly got in the way of my legs, so my knees were going out. =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:10 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Im 12 weeks tomorrow. I like to take a 35 min walk at night some days i like to jog, other days its hiking.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 11:41 AM on Sep. 8, 2010