When I tell my DF that I want to get married before he deploys all he says is "I know you do"

Thats as far as the conversation goes. Is he afraid of something?

noahsmommy12908

Asked by noahsmommy12908 at 11:43 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• It could be that he has seen so many marriages break up during deployments that he wants to wait until he gets back so you can have a nice wedding. And maybe he just wants to be able to spend time to with you right after your married instead of getting married and then having to deploy. Sometimes military guys won't talk about these things. My hubby was in the Navy for 20 years and until he retired there were a lot of things he wouldn't tell me while he was in because he didn't want to upset me before he left. Now I understand it all a lot better because he will discuss it.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 1:22 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Ask him how he feels about getting married before he goes.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:51 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• His way of saying I know you do but no, I don't want to yet.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 11:56 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I would just say: " If you know i do, then let's go do it!" LOL Wishing you lots of luck!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:48 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• my df sd maybe hes not ready to yet, we have been engaged for about 3 yrs and just about a month ago we set a date.maybe hes scared.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 11:55 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Why don't you ask him about it? It sounds like he doesn't want too, but there's no telling why. Maybe he doesn't want to until after he gets back. Maybe he's scared. Talk to him about it.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 11:59 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• But the funny thing is that he talks about it like he wants to also. We had an appointment set to be married at the court house a couple of months ago. We had to cancel it
    noahsmommy12908

Comment by noahsmommy12908 (original poster) at 12:00 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Because he does not want to. Why is that not enough? The man should be wanting to marry you and doing everything to se that it happens. If it's not it means he does not want to. You should not pressure him. Just move on if you feel he is not ready. No one should have to wait too long for another person to decide.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 1:19 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Give him your reasons why you want to get married before deployment and ask him to give you his reasons why he want to wait till he gets back. You dont want to make him feel like you pushy too hard or this will not be a good deployment for yall relationship.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 3:15 PM on Sep. 8, 2010