HATES getting her hair brushed!

So my 2.5 yr old HATES having her hair brushed. She will run and scream and throw a fit when I try. Her hair is ALWAYS a hot mess and it's driving me crazy! Anyone have any tips on how I can maybe have her chill out when I brush her hair?

Trishy7

Asked by Trishy7 at 11:48 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I use detangling spray. That may help or giver her something to hold or play with, perhaps someting special to her.
    Deanna S.

Answer by Deanna S. at 11:51 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• OO yea I've tried the spray and I use it everytime. I also use the 2 in 1 shampoo. But everytime I bring out the spray she knows she gets her hair brushed and she sprints!! AHHH I'm about to start bribbing her hahaha
    Trishy7

Comment by Trishy7 (original poster) at 11:57 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• When my dd did that, I gave her a choice. She could have all of her hair cut off like a boy's, or she could let me brush it out. She ended up with a buzz cut. It's just now growing back out. The thing that helps with the tangles is combing it when it's wet. And dd REALLY appreciates her hair now.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 11:58 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I don't know how you brush her hair, but start from the bottom up, holding the roots in your hand, as if you were putting in a pony tail and brush out the "tail" part first then work up.
    With my DD we always play up her "pretties"...her rubberbands and bows and all that fun stuff. We let her pick which one she wants in her hair. Hope this helps!
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 12:00 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• my sister gives her dd toys w/lights to entertain her.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 12:00 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I can't do anything with my baby's hair unless she's in the tub. And even that's usually just brushing it. She has a fit if I try to put it up or put anything in it. She has so much hair and it's so pretty. People always mistake her for a boy if she's not in pink because her hair is all over the place. Time to pierce her ears. Lol.
    Bubbles318

Answer by Bubbles318 at 12:37 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I bribe lol. I do it as quickly as possible while she has a mini popsicle or a cookie after her meal.
    mellibelli917

Answer by mellibelli917 at 8:45 PM on Sep. 8, 2010