"Is there really any evidence that vaccines are the direct cause of the decline of disease?"

Yup .... and the evidence shows that vaccines have had little to no effect on disease.

http://library.constantcontact.com/doc206/1101240076659/doc/TzwNAvJbMfS55RgU.pdf

Gal51

Asked by Gal51 at 11:59 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Actually JoLee, I think you may be the one that needs some schooling! Polio was actually in decline BEFORE the vaccine was introduced and once it was introduced the number of long term injuries and deaths actually spiked - in vaccinated children, not in those who didn't get it. Also, we don't and never did vaccinate for "black plague" or any form of the Ebola virus. Smallpox, chickenpox, whooping cough, measles... none of which are dangerous in healthy children, and anyone with a basic understanding of these illnesses knows to get their child treatment and there is not only no long term issues with these illnesses, but their immune systems are stronger and they are naturally healthier than children who are vaccinated...

Education is a wonderful thing... Maybe you should find some!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:22 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Yep... More than enough for me!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:46 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• This is one hot topic!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:02 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• None of the 'evidence' is neutral...you just have to go through all the information and make a decision for your family...we vaxed on schedule with our kids, but I wouldn't do that way if I had been smart enough to research it. I would eliminate some of the vaccines completely and delay the other ones....but that's me.
    semazani

Answer by semazani at 6:58 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Well I have never had the measles or whooping cough. So I'd say I'm good. Also glad too. Too damn bad they didn't have the chicken pox vaccine when I was little.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:18 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• JoLee12345

You might want to actually read the link that I posted ... I'm not a pro-vax mom, honey.
    Gal51

Comment by Gal51 (original poster) at 10:26 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Um, yes vaccines have helped in the decline of many illnesses that normally killed a third of the population. Also, for the person who brought up the polio numbers going up after vaccination had started you have to look at the fact they were using a live virus at that time and it is suspect that they had already contracted the disease prior to getting the vaccine...kind of adding fuel to the fire. For those of you who want vaccine info go to the CDC's website...you will find all the information there that you will need.
    dance45133

Answer by dance45133 at 3:14 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Sabrina, my children do get a vaccine for small pox, and we baing military have to get many more vaccines than most! I hope that one of our husbands comes back form over seas and carries with them a disease hat they were vaccinated for, and arenow nly carriers, ad one of your cildren gts it, and falls ill! You never know who around you is a military dependant! It has happened before on posts, ad will happen to you non vax mommies too
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:35 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Amen! Vacines are what saved us from small pox/ polio/ and the black plague! Sabrina, you are foolish! You must think that it would be better for your hild to be paralized from polio than to get a vaccine! Good job mom! You need to goto some seminars, and figure out how to parent!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 3:25 PM on Sep. 8, 2010