Do you have to drive your kids to school?

Or is there a bus available? Or do they walk?

Asked by Roadfamily6now at 12:14 AM on Sep. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• Only when he oversleeps!

Answer by FeelinYummy at 12:23 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• i drive them, we were driving an hour n a half for my step daughter n that was everyday, but now that we have full custody she is moving to our district n im hoping the bus comes this way its about a 15 min drive to her new school so yea keeping my fingers crossed

Answer by gabby06 at 12:19 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• They take the bus. It stops down the street and they wait outside with their friends. It's nice.
    The last 3 years we lived in a different state and their school was about 3 blocks away and we walked. I HATED it. Freaking freezing in the winter just to walk them 3 blocks and then walk home. They started walking on their own at the end of last year.

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:19 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I don't have to drive DS because DH takes him. DH has done mornings with the boys since we had our first. He says that it his time with them and Mommy gets to stay in bed untll it's time for him to go to work at 9.

Answer by dmbutler at 12:24 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I drive them although they should be riding their bikes. Maybe when it's cooler.

Answer by zboys at 12:27 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• We live close enough for them to walk but 1 fends for herself and gets a ride from friends and I take the youngest to school.

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:27 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• The school in their zone is a block away. However, my daughter is in the gifted program and it's at a different school. My youngest daughter goes because her sister goes. The district won't bus them because we are there by choice. So, I drive. Fun times..I can't wait until it snows. Ugh.

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:27 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• bus is available but I drive them.

Answer by hill2 at 1:10 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• My daughter isn't in school yet, but I don't think the bus will be available to her since the school is like 5 minutes from our house. So I will most likely drive her, which is what I would still do if the bus were available to her.

Answer by poptart0325 at 7:01 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• My 5th grader rides the bus but I have to drive my pre-k'er (sp?) to school because it's at a daycare center and they don't provide transportation.

Answer by keisha613 at 7:56 AM on Sep. 8, 2010