Do you eat Gluten Free?

If so, what are some of your favorite recipes? and for how long have you been gluten free?

Roadfamily6now

Asked by Roadfamily6now at 12:15 AM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Food & Drink

• We were completely gluten-free for just over 7 years, but now are only mostly gluten-free. Most of my recipes have come from GF cookbooks and the internet. There's even a GF group here on CM. I also like to prepare a lot of foods from ethnic cuisines that don't typically have gluten containing grains in their diets (mostly Asian).
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:28 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I write a gltuen free food blog. Recipes posted.

Daniellecooks.wordpress.com

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:24 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I'm still trying to transition to the gluten free food. It's like an addiction. It's hard to give it up until the taste buds have gotten use to it.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 12:34 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• they had someone on the news the other day talking about how hard it is to be truly gluten free, and that unless it is a medical reason for having to do it, that it isn't that great of an idea
    a nutritionist was talking about it
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:49 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I tried a gf diet, kind of an elimination thing to see if it would help some of the issues I was having, it was very very difficult and I was glad to find out it had no bearing on what I was experiencing. But, my favorites were the basic meat/potato/veggie/fruit meals - no recipes, I just wing all my meals, but things like meatloaf, roast in the crock pot, steak on the grill, hamburgers, mashed potatoes (real ones) or baked, steamed veggies & fresh fruits are all safe as long as you watch any seasoning packets. Those were the easiest meals for me, rather than making a seperate pasta, or bread, or whatever.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 7:53 PM on Sep. 8, 2010