Rev. Arnold Conrad at McCain Rally ..

Please Share your thoughts:
The Iowa Independent reports that a minister who spoke at John McCain’s rally in Davenport, IA today injected a divisive statement into his invocation.
Here’s what Pastor Arnold Conrad said:

I would also add, Lord, that your reputation is involved in all that happens between now and November, because there are millions of people around this world praying to their god — whether it’s Hindu, Buddha, Allah — that his opponent wins, for a variety of reasons. And Lord, I pray that you will guard your own reputation, because they’re going to think that their god is bigger than you, if that happens. So I pray that you will step forward and honor your own name with all that happens between now and election day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g0d3_KE5js

MTM

Asked by MTM at 10:23 AM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it is dangerous. It seems to me like he is saying that God wants McCain to win. Somehow I don't think God has a preference. It will just rile more people up. I am a bit worried about how McCain supporters are going to react after Obama wins.
    leilani_r

Answer by leilani_r at 10:27 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I saw that as well. It is disgusting, and pretty close to blasphemous to claim that he knows more than God and that if God doesn't watch out - our country will fail.

Just another reason that religion in this country is so out of whack.
    FiveofaKind

Answer by FiveofaKind at 10:48 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I find this man to be ignorant of the truth and faith...I am Christian and supporting Obama and in my opinion it devalues the truth debth of God's work by praying for such trivial things as who is elected President.
    katykay

Answer by katykay at 10:52 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• i saw this clip on the news last night, it's pretty disturbing not to mention igornant(i.e. the part where he said that hindu was a god.)
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:00 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• If McCain wanted to stop this blatant hate spewing, he should have gotten up there and denouced that man right after he went off. But he didn't so I blame him as well. He condones this type of behavior that is unacceptable.
    bestmomIcanbe

Answer by bestmomIcanbe at 11:01 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Its better than what Obamas pastor said, At least this pastor respects America.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• my god's bigger than your god, anonymous!
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:18 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• This man is a reflection of the ignorant, scary fringe-element that seems to be speaking for McCain and that McCain is also encouraging.

I also think it's funny (sad) that this pastor says Hindu and Budda are gods. A Hindu is a person who practices Hinduism, a religion and Buddha is not a god. Not only that but this "godly" man seems to be offering God an ultimatim. And the "my god is bigger than your god" thing sounds childish.
    Feridust

Answer by Feridust at 11:27 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• lol...takes a brave person to sling insults anonymously.
    katykay

Answer by katykay at 11:30 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Thank for showing up,I knew you would.anonymous lol
    " Its better than what Obamas pastor said, At least this pastor respects America. "

I know who you are. Why are you hiding? If you think the crap you are saying in many of my post,are the questions I ask then stop hiding. You enjoy attacks on "Obama" you support them and that is sad.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 11:35 AM on Oct. 14, 2008