Is Online College a scam or is it just as good or better than a campus college?

Just trying to get personal expiriences.
Thank you

Nancygray2

Asked by Nancygray2 at 12:31 AM on Sep. 8, 2010 in

• id like to know the same thing!
    anfisasmommy

Answer by anfisasmommy at 12:40 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Some online colleges are a scam, but alot of them aren't! You have to do your research, and make sure they are accredited. And they are just as good as a regular college. You can also go to classes, and also do online classes at the same time threw some colleges. I got online to Jackson Community College. I think personally they are a little harder b/c you have someone there teaching you the material so you kind of have to teach yourself, but it is also a lot more convenient! Good luck!!!
    Trishy7

Answer by Trishy7 at 12:41 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• OO yea and I forgot to tell you, not all degrees that you can get at a 'regular' college you can get online. I'm going for sonography which is ultrasound tech. It's 2 years online courses and than a year and a half clinical time. If you have any questions about anything feel free to message me :-)
    Trishy7

Answer by Trishy7 at 12:53 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I really think its best to go to a college. I know some are legit but unless its online through my local college I refuse to pay as much as the ask and risk the degree not being worth what it says..AND sonography don't you need a lab for that??I mean you do the school then they toss you into clinicals..that is nuts.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 1:12 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• It depends on what you want to get out of it. There is no online college that would give me the same experiences as I had while earning my Masters in Biology. There are some good online colleges for topics such as computers, business and writing, but you do have to research any school you intend on giving money to.

Also, if your choices are getting some online education OR not having the resources to get to a community college, the online education beats out getting nothing, right? Just choose your school wisely. Good luck!
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 8:33 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• It depends on the college and your field of study. Not all traditional colleges are created equal, either. You need to look at accreditations and the reputation of the specific college within the school you are considering (business, liberal arts, etc.) Personally, if I wanted online college, I would do online study through a traditional college or university and not go with a for-profit college.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:36 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• some are you just gotta research
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:09 PM on Sep. 16, 2010