how long...

I went to my dr this morning and he put the doppler on my stomach to see if we could hear the twins heartbeats, well we were able to hear ONE of them, but we couldnt hear the second one. I have a scheduled ultrasound tomorow, but was kind of wondering if anyone else had this same situation or one similar. How long do you think it would really take to be able to hear both of them on the office doppler? OR do you think maybe it could be one miscarried? Thanks for the info to the individuals whom reply. God Bless............

amandasthird

Asked by amandasthird at 10:24 AM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• well i don't have twins but do know that maybe the other one was way under the first one, and maybe that's why you couldn't hear it. good luck
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 10:25 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I dont have twins either but my bestfriend did and she didn't know she was having twins until she as like 23 wks thats when she had her first ultrasound. they didnt hear two heartbeats the hole time with that doppler thing. I'm sure everything is fine.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 10:32 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• well i had twins and we would always hear one and not the other, they were perfect though so dont worry. they were able to hear during the ultrasound though and they were once a month.you will get so used to their heartbeat.its great.everytime i went to the dr and i heard them it was amazing!!good luck!having twins is not as crazy as everyone makes it out to be.
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 4:07 PM on Oct. 14, 2008