I want to have anther baby.But.......

I want to have anther baby . But am sooooo afraid what a second baby will do to my body. I am just now starting to look again. Is that being selfish? I do want one sooo bad again. Maybe a year from now.

bubbaelea22

Asked by bubbaelea22 at 9:50 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in General Parenting

• Only you know if you are being "selfish". If you want another baby then you want one...if you rather keep your figure right now than that's what you want....

You just have to decided what's more important to you right now: baby or figure.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 10:09 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Sorry but your body or a beautiful baby to love forever......um baby...you say you look good now you can do it again when it comes time right!!!
    RagJunkie

Answer by RagJunkie at 10:09 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• well if you try hard ur body will be fine plus theres that new surgery that gives you abs expensive but yea soo i would go for the baby compared to a body
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 11:11 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• i was just this way - i told my hubbie that i wanted more kids but i wanted to adopt so it wouldnt mess up my body again - so here i am 3 years into my baby girls life and 4 months pregnant and already picking out my "target" clothes so i can get back to my prepreg size.
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 11:21 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I cried for a week after I found out I was preggo the 2nd time. I had just gotten down to a size 4! I got over it though. I gained only 23 lbs with the 2nd one. It was turning 40 and more tha has me confused about putting weight on.......Just a pound or 2 every year, but come on! Why does getting older translate to weight gain? If you get preggo just eat sensibly and try not to stress over it. You got back in shape once. You can do it again!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:37 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I exercised and watched what I ate whit both my pregnancies. I gained 12 lds with 1st preg and 15 with 2nd preg, so after I gave birth I was pretty much back to pre-preg weight. I just had to exercise some to tighten things back up.
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 4:00 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• For most women, your body will NEVER be the same anyway, but I believe if you work hard to be HEALTHY then you will always be beautiful. Don't look at pregnancy as "damage" to your body, look at it as art. Have you seen the website theshapeofamother.com? You should, if you haven't. I know though from personal experience that it is so much easier said than done, as I was a 97 pound tiny girl before I got pregnant with my son, and I never quite lost all the weight. I got back down to 99 at one point and gained a few more pounds, but let me say that even though I was a size 0 I was still not totally happy with how my body looked. I just had to tell myself that I was beautiful anyway and the only people that mattered thought so too. Now we're expecting number 2, and my goal is only to stay healthy afterwards. You are definitely not selfish for being worried about it though, it's a valid fear for most of us. I hope I was able to offer some good advice =)
    Busymama07

Answer by Busymama07 at 4:55 PM on Jul. 1, 2008