does any one know?

okay we just moved into this house well its been almost a year now and we love it its in the country no one around its great but i have this problem with my bathroom every once in a while it smells really bad in there like mold and it is coming up through the drains it gross and makes me feel like my home is dirty my husband i have dumped whatever we could think of down the drain to try to fix the problem but nothing is working and when it starts to smell you can smell it through out the house anyone have any solutions

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 10:31 AM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Or kitchen drain used to do that. We would pour some bleach down it, and it would help. Also the mold smell could be coming from behind the wall or something. It may not just be the drain.
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 1:04 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• do you have well water? if so you have to get special salt (sold at Lowe's, home depot) to put in your tank you normally need about 4 bags. that's all I can think that it could be, if not then you'll have to call a plumber. good luck either way.
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 10:35 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• It may not have had a P-trap placed in the drain system. The P-trap is like an s-shaped bend in the drain that keeps stuff from coming back up and smells sort of help get trapped in there too. Not sure what else it could be though....
    Jess6700

Answer by Jess6700 at 10:36 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I was gonna say bleach, maybe make a habit of say 1 gallon every 2 weeks down the drains & toilets, whether needed or not. If nothing else it will keep things from clogging. Good luck
    meme4x

Answer by meme4x at 10:54 PM on Oct. 15, 2008