32 weeks preggo, high blood pressure???

Im 32 weeks preggo.. and i had a scare the other day, i had some sharp pains that shot through my body only lasted about 2 seconds, im a first time mommy so i dont know what to expect.. anyways that and a few other things made me go to the hospital to get checked to ease my mind.. turns out everything is okay, just normal pains that happens within last few months.. anyways when they took my blood pressure it was 139/81! which is VERY high for me, usually its around 114/72 and 120's if im stressed. and i understand it could possibly been bc i was freaking out, but that high? anyways i asked her if she could check my blood pressure again before i left because im highly scared ill get preeclampsia since my mom had it. the nurse SAID( well your not your mom and there is no reason to check it again) omg, WHAT WOULD YOU THINK?

Armywifelovely

Asked by Armywifelovely at 12:54 AM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think you're fine Mama. Anything from 140/90 and below is acceptable for a pregnant woman. I would definitely say it was because you were freaked out. I went to the ER when I had a MC and my BP was 180/100 from being so upset and stressed out. If you're worried about it, call your OB and tell them or stop by a Wal-Mart or something and use the free BP check to give you peace of mind!
    kamsmommy17

Answer by kamsmommy17 at 1:05 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Try not to stress....
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:25 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I had high blood pressure throughout my entire first pregnancy. I got diagnosed with it around 12 weeks or so and then I delivered at 36 weeks because I developed pre eclampsia. I wish my blood pressure was that low and I'm not pregnant anymore! When I was pregnant, the highest my blood pressure ever got was 160/110. Now that's HIGH. But I think you're fine. You were just really worried and that will shoot up your blood pressure. But even what yours read wasn't even high.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 6:55 AM on Sep. 8, 2010