24 weeks pregnant..measuring at 28 weeks...

have you ever measured bigger than what ya actually are?? and if so, what did it mean for you?? i always measured right on...so has everyone else i know...but my sis in law is pregnant, 24 weeks along, measuring at 28...does anyone know what that means, or could mean??

alexis_06

Asked by alexis_06 at 1:11 AM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Could mean gestational diabetes, or could meant that she has extra fluid, or it could just mean her doctor measured wrong. If she is still measuring big at the next couple of appointments they will probably investigate further, otherwise it isn't that big of a deal.

I measured further with all of them, but the middle son I measured much further. I had borderline diabetes and he was guesstimated to be already 7lbs at 32 weeks. Most babies measure 3lbs at that age...I sure stuck to the GD diet!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:16 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Does she have GD or is this a 2nd pregnancy??
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 1:14 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• i measured 3 weeks ahead with my first,...it didn't mean anything. He was average sized.
    CrnchyMamaCraig

Answer by CrnchyMamaCraig at 1:17 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I measured further along and was induced one week early. I didn't have gestational diabetes, but it was my second pregnancy.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:20 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Nothing. I measured big for the first half and then small the second half.

The purpose of measuring is to see an increase over time that is steady. One measurement tells nothing. And measurements are wrong all the time. So are ultrasounds.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 1:21 AM on Sep. 8, 2010