Anonymous?

Why do people find it necessary to ask a question anonymously??? If you can't ask a question even behind the protection of a screen name, why ask it at all?

FeelinYummy

Asked by FeelinYummy at 1:35 AM on Sep. 8, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Because they can. The is no other real answer....I would guess they would all suck it up and ask the questions...even the embarrassing ones... without anon if there was no anon feature.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:37 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• maybe they feel like people would judge them and actually know who to judge. I don't know. it seems kind of silly, because people will either way if you think about it.
    catharsis

Answer by catharsis at 1:38 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I don't see the problem with anonymity. We're all essentially anon on this website, why not be anon with a question? Remember, you can find anything on the internet. Anon just gives an additional barrier. You don't have to be a member of this website to view questions and answers and even some profiles.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Well I have seen people create another fake profile just to post to ask for advice in the forums. Maybe they are trying to keep too many people from doing that by offering the option of asking anonymously.
    Avasmom326

Answer by Avasmom326 at 6:36 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Agreed!
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 1:37 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• some people want answers but not be know....
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 1:39 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I've been Anon before because there was something I really needed an answer to and didn't want everyone to know it was me posting. The feature is there so I used it. :)
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 2:49 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• so that people don't associate a rude or uncomfortable question with their good reputationed screenname?
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:28 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Because they don't want to be embaressed.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:06 PM on Sep. 8, 2010