my 4month seems more fussy during day...

i use to let my son take naps whenever and whereever he felt like, my doc said i should lay him in his crib for naps...now ofcourse he cries himself to sleep, does that make him more fussy during the day?

ashley0422

Asked by ashley0422 at 10:57 AM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It shouldnt. But just be happy that hes fussy during the day and not in the middle of the night :)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 12:10 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I think right now he's trying to learn how to self sooth if you are just now starting the naps during the day so he might not be putting himself back to sleep enough and also not getting enough sleep during his nap time - which in turn makes him fussier during the day - just a thought -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:39 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I'm not an advocate of cry-it-out. It may be creating a high-stress environment for him and that's what the fussiness is about. Think about it: you're four months old.. and your mommy lays you alone in your crib and lets you cry til you're too exhausted to stay awake anymore. Just pick the little lad up, hon. Doctors don't know everything. You're his Mommy and he needs you. Years from now you'll wish you could hold your baby in your arms just one more time.

Much love,
    Jen Mommy to three beautiful boys and one faery princess.
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 12:49 PM on Oct. 14, 2008