IUD- is it worth it? Can it cause cysts? Pros vs. Cons ? adult content

Considering getting an IUD but I've heard:

1. you can still get pregnant and have the IUD like, grow into the baby????

2. The IUD can somehow grow into your skin?

3. It causes ovarian cysts

4. It can poke a hole/tear your uturus

Idk if any of that is true, but I have heard rumors.. Im just wondering if the Pros out weigh the cons..

stenhouse_baby

Asked by stenhouse_baby at 2:01 AM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Health

• I have the IUD and have had it for almost 4 yrs now! I LOVE IT!!! Before the IUD I was on other forms of birth control and I got pregnant on the pill and the depo shot... so I wasnt about to try them again! I also decided to use the IUD because my periods were HELL!!! My cramps EVERY MONTH were the worst! I couldnt walk, I was a bitch... oh it was just hell! It was horrible horrible horrible! I also was told that at one point I had cysts on my ovaries, yet now I dont! Hmmmm... Im thinking that it helped in my case to get rid of them! I have never heard about the IUD growing into the baby or into your skin... if you get your normal yearly pap I would assume everything would be fine! With me and my hubby being so fertile, you would think that I would be worried about those things while having an IUD and Im not... I really dont think that its common or even if its possible... Im my case the PROS totally out weigh the CONS! GL
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 2:53 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• the iud is the best girl you take an ib profen before the doctor puts it in it doesnt hurt at all and you cant even tell its there after i love it im protected no matter what
    HavensMommy4Eva

Answer by HavensMommy4Eva at 3:38 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I love mine,I have it inside me for almost 4 months.though the periods are heavy,but still its worthy
    A11

Answer by A11 at 4:07 AM on Sep. 8, 2010