How to help cold in 9months ?

My 9 months is having cold for last few days for almost more than 1 week. She has been teething also. She would get up in the night amd cry a lot.Sometimes with water she calms down.Is putting vicks vaporab in humidifier is okay in this age ? She is sneezing and not coughing though. She just hates nose bulb and saline water , cries really bad as if someone is beating. We are afraid taht we are scaring her and making things worse. Pls advise. Your help is appricated..

AshitaMamma

Asked by AshitaMamma at 2:10 AM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We have a vix cool mist humidifier. You put water, salt, and a special vix mix that you can buy at any store. We've used it since our daughter was 5+ months, it works great!
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 2:26 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I was going to say the same thing, they have premixed stuff and they also have baby vicks.. it says on the bottle for 3 months and up I believe. At any rate you can call your dr if you have any quesitons. Allergies are also in season.. I would try some benadryl, talk to your pharmaist and they can give you the right dose.. GOODLUCK!!
    mommas2CuteGirl

Answer by mommas2CuteGirl at 3:20 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Try taking her in the shower with you for a bit, too. It will help break up the mucus some. Unfortunately, there just isn't a ton you can do, other than try to soothe her.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:25 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I believe you are doing all the right things already. At this point you just nature take it's course. =[
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 7:11 PM on Sep. 8, 2010