i know it might seem silly of me to ask this question but i was just wondering if you are testing your temperture for ovulation/best fertile times can you use a regular thermometor from the dollar store and my 2nd question was the Ovulation Prediction Kit are they in some drug stores or possibly a dollar store

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I don't think were you buy the thermometer matters as long as it is easy to read and accurate and I know target has a ovulations predictor test that is a good price.
    babyspots17

Answer by babyspots17 at 11:43 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• The special basal thermometers are easier to use because they are digital and are designed to yield a more accurate reading (they won't give you a reading if you don't have it in right, so they help to rule out human error). But if you are diligent in your methodology, any thermometer that is accurate and reads to a tenth of a degree will suffice.

Don't know about the ovulation preditcor kits. Never used them. I just tracked my temperature and my cervical mucous, and that did the trick for me.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 11:57 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• A Basal thermometer will give you the best results. It is calibrated in much smaller increments so even the slightest flucuation in your temperature is noted...not so on a standard thermometer.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:32 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I used a regular thermometer. Worked perfectly. Ovulation kits were a waste of money; they were dead wrong every time.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:14 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I've never used the ovulation kits, but i do know if you still want to try them you can get them pretty cheap on ebay.
    Anonymous

• I have been trying to grt pregnant for three years now and i used the thermometer before and it didnt work. A few months ago I bought an ovulation kit from wal-mart.It was called Anwser it has 20 test stripes in it.and it was like $17. So you can test everyday after your period.It said when I was ovulating and it was really easy to use.My and my husband had sex when the test said and then after sex I put two pillows under my back and layed there for a half hour.Now I am 9 weeks pregant and I am so happy.I only used the kit once and i got pregant after three years of trying.Using the test will help you figure out when you ovulate and if you still cant get pregnant go to your doctor and tell him and hell be able to help you more now that you now the exact days when you ovulate.

filapinoprinces

Answer by filapinoprinces at 3:06 AM on Oct. 15, 2008