Do you do anything special for 9/11?

We go to the base when they are having a ceremony but this year they are not. They are in the middle of building a 9/11 Memorial Center which will not be completed until next year. We do fly a flag and I light candles. Just wondering what others do.

SophiaofLight

Asked by SophiaofLight at 2:24 AM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I still have a hard time talking about it, but yes, we do every year. We talk about the heroes on flight 93, that crashed not terribly far from where we are. We talk about watching the towers go down, and how my dad served at ground zero for months after. We bought all the magazines that ran the story after and keep them in the fire box.

We will never forget.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:59 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I make sure to watch the National Geographic documentary on 9/11 (I have it saved to DVD), so I can remain angry at what happened and who caused it! I think it should be required viewing for ALL Americans--especially those who were "babies" when it happened!!

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/inside-911

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:48 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I Say a prayer for the families
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 2:29 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• We fly *more* flags, and I cry. My husband is in the Navy and ever since we got married, I cry on all the holidays... Veterans Day, Memorial Day.. you name it.
    CakeMaker84

Answer by CakeMaker84 at 3:41 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I light a candle and pray more that day. Then I try to keep extra busy because if I don't, I'll cry all day.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:43 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Oh i'm having a bonfire and burning Islamic holy books...J/K

Seriously..

Pray and light a candle.also as Lorikeet I watch videos and look at some pics..talk to my kids about what happpened that day..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:05 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Bumping this..Good question Sophia and keeps 9-11 in others thoughts..very appropriate being September
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:23 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• We are going to a memorial service at a local park. I will be going to a special mass that evening at our church.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:05 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• We having a Red, White, and Blue party with the family and good friends. We are a military family and have love ones over seas and have alot of police and firefighter friends, so we will be sending them our thanks for a job well done. We will also say a prayer for all the lives lost on that and many other days to terrorism.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 3:45 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Ok, now I feel bad. We don't do anything, maybe we should? I dunno. We don't really remember that much about it, we were so busy with so many other personal issues at the time that consumed us.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:56 AM on Sep. 8, 2010